Anh Le Tran, Ph. D.Associate Professor of Economics and Management
Office: DeArment House
Department: Accounting and Finance
- Ph.D. Law, Policy, and Society with a focus on Law and Economics and Trade Policy, Northeastern University
- M.B.A. University of Massachusetts, Boston
- B.A. Economics, summa cum laude, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- BUSS 101 Introduction to Business
- ECON 101 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 102 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 103 Economics of Social Issues
- ECON 206X Economic Development
- ECON 207X Vietnam Immersion
- FYS 103 Understanding Globalization
Professor An Le Tran’s research interests are in economic development, international trade policy, and U.S.-Vietnam relations. He published researched papers on Vietnam's development issues and wrote various newspaper articles for publications in the U.S., Vietnam, Asia, and Europe. His publications appeared in English, French, and Vietnamese. He also has been interviewed by international media, such as The Voice of America. Professor Tran also taught at Fisher College and the University of Massachusetts at Boston.
What is important for your students to take away from your classes?
“A passion for economic issues and a passion for learning in general. Learning is a process of transforming. I would like for my students to come out of this process with more knowledge and desirable professional characteristics that prepare them for any working environment.”