Children are naturally predisposed to learn in different styles and methods. Some children are visual learners while others are tactile. Some children are more musically inclined while others are analytical and mathematical. We strive to present each child with the opportunity to find which intelligence best suites them while challenging them to explore others.
The curriculum, therefore, offers a balance between planned and educator initiated activities. Supervised free play allows children to explore areas that interest them and thus to contribute their ideas to the program. Children can best master and integrate information through direct personal experiences and free play, while using a vast variety of materials.
Children need to be nurtured by warm, responsible adults who are knowledgeable in child development. This allows children to develop as healthy, happy, and competent individuals. Our role as a laboratory school requires a highly educated and experienced staff. In addition, we provide ongoing support for staff development as we encourage educators to continue professional growth through in‑service programs, graduate work, workshops and conferences.
Our program provides the following, as it is our belief that all are necessary for quality early childhood education:
- Provision of appropriate developmental learning materials and activity areas, both indoors and outdoors.
- Aesthetically pleasing and inviting rooms
- Impeccable health standards
- Parent communication and involvement
- Staff selection procedures that ensure educators who will nurture children's self-esteem and enhance their social, emotional, physical and cognitive development while applying the theory of Multiple Intelligences
- A strong support system for educators
We believe that young children learn through play experiences, intellectual challenges, and their social interaction with both peers and educators. Young children need to explore at their own pace and in their own style while given ample and appropriate choices and experiences throughout the day.