Rockwell Parent News
Monday, Jan. 5 – Music and movement with Ms. Lidia
Thursday, Jan 15 – Imagine and Move
Friday, Jan. 16 – TK play “Snow”
Monday, Jan. 19 – no school: Martin Luther King Day
Tuesday, Jan. 20 – Music and movement with Ms. Lidia
Tuesday, Jan. 27 – Story time with Ms. Melissa
Wednesday, Jan. 28 – NY Life Child ID Program
- Children need warm outerwear, including snow pants, mittens, boots, and hats for winter outdoor play. Please make sure to label all of these items with your child’s name. We do take note of the outside temperature, and do not go out for extended periods if it is extremely cold.
- We greatly appreciate your coperation in keeping children home when they have fevers, bad coughs and colds.
- We follow Lasell College when closing for snow days. Please listen to WBZ 1030 AM on your radio or TV channels 4, 5, or 7. I will also change the message on the office phone (617-243-2355) to indicate that we are closed. The information can also be found at www.lasell.edu, and on Lasell’s snow line at 617-243-2208. If Lasell delays opening by one hour, we will also delay opening by one hour (9:30). If there is a two-hour delay we may be closed for the day.
- If you have not yet returned your tuition payment or stay-day payment, please do so this week.
IMAGINE AND MOVE
Brenda Callahan is Imagine and Move. She will be visiting and doing some creative movement with each class on Thursday morning, January 15th.
We would like to thank you for your good wishes and gifts during the holiday season. Though certainly not necessary they were greatly appreciated.
Thanks also to those who participated in our mitten and hat drive. The warm collection was brought to the City Mission Society.
MY FIRST YOGA
Our yoga program starts on Thursday, Jan. 8th for our stay-day group. There will be two sessions. One class will run from 12:15 to 1:00, and the second class will begin at 1:10 and end at 1:55. Yoga classes will run every Thursday through February 26th.
We understand that drop-off and pick-up parking is, on the best of days, sometimes a challenge. We also know that the snow makes it even more so. We thank you for your patience and perseverance during these winter months.
NY LIFE CHILD ID PROGRAM
On Thursday, January 28th, NY Life Insurance Co. will send a representative to Rockwell to create child ids for any family who is interested. This is not an endorsement for this program, but simply a service we are offering.
Child IDs are created using the EZ Child ID System, the nation’s most comprehensive digital fingerprinting child identification system. Created with help from the National CHIP foundation and law enforcement officials, this system ensures that the digital fingerprints meet industry standards by capturing all vital information required by the Amber Alert system.
In only 3 to 5 minutes, a Child ID card is printed for each parent or guardian freeof charge. Child ID cards feature a child’s photo, fingerprints, contact information,and other pertinent data needed by the police in case of an emergency. I will send another email with more information in mid January.
On Sunday, January 25th from 1:00 to 2:00 we will be holding an open house for new families who are looking for a nursery school for next September. If you know anyone who would be interested, please let them know. Also if you are willing to post a flyer at your child’s school, doctor’s office, or other community bulletin board, or on a community website, please let me know. I would be happy to provide this information. Thanks!!
COMING IN FEBRUARY….
- PAJAMA PARTY FUNDRAISER - On Friday, February 6th we will hold our first pajama party of the year. You may drop off your child at 5:00pm and return for him/her at 7:00pm. We will have a special activity, serve dinner, and read bedtime stories. Cost will be $25. Monies raised will go to our professional development fund, which sends teachers to national conferences during the year.
- PUMPERNICKEL PUPPETS – On Tuesday, February 10th, John McDonough will entertain us with a puppet show at 10:00 am.
- On Wednesday, February 25th, Courtney from Pediatric Dental Associates of Brookline will visit and talk to us about taking care of our teeth.
Josh & the Jamtones Concert, Monday, January 19 at 10:30 a.m.
Social Hall, Temple Shalom of Newton
Move and groove to an acoustic version of the "kindie-scene darlings" guaranteed to get kids and their families all singing, shaking, and belly laughing together. Pizza and snacks will be available for purchase after the show. You may click on the link below for ticket information.