- Children need warm outerwear, including snow pants, mittens, boots, and hats for winter outdoor play. Please make sure to label all of these items with your child's name. We do take note of the outside temperature, and do not go out for extended periods if it is extremely cold.
- We greatly appreciate your cooperation in keeping children home when they have fevers, bad coughs and colds.
- We follow Lasell College when closing for snow days. Please listen to WBZ 1030 AM on your radio or TV channels 4, 5, or 7. I will also change the message on the office phone (617-243-2355) to indicate that we are closed. The information can also be found at www.lasell.edu, and on Lasell's snow line at 617-243-2208. If Lasell delays opening by one hour, we will also delay opening by one hour (9:30).
- If you have not yet returned your stay-day payment, please do so this week. Also, payment for Imagine and Move ($80) can be made at this time.
- Parking and drop-offs is not allowed in the driveway/parking lot off of Studio Road.
- Contracts for next year are due this month. If your child is returning to Rockwell in September, or you have a younger child who will be starting, please return his/her contract by January 20th. Thanks!
- Rockwell has a late fee policy that states that there is a $10 charge for late pick-ups after 5 minutes. We have really not enforced this policy during the first semester, but we will be doing so in the future. Please understand that this is a safety issue, and that we want to make sure we have adequate supervision throughout the extended day. Also, teachers and students have other commitments to attend to after 3:00. Thank you for your cooperation.
IMAGINE AND MOVE
Brenda Callahan is Imagine and Move (she provided the entertainment at our Witchapalooza). She will return with her creative music and movement program on Thursdays, January 5th through February 23rd from 1:15 to 2:00 Please see the stay-day registration form for more details.
We would like to thank you for your good wishes and gifts during the holiday season. Though certainly not necessary these gifts were greatly appreciated. Thanks also to those who participated in our mitten and hat drive. The warm collection was donated to Cradles to Crayons.
BE AHEAD OF THE GAME AND PUMPERNICKEL PUPPETS
We have two special events planned to break up the "winter blues" this month: Be Ahead of the Game and Pumpernickel Puppets. Brian or one of his coaches will come in on Thursday, Jan. 19th to do indoor games and obstacle courses with each of our classes. On Wednesday, Jan. 25th, John McDonough will bring his Pumpernickel Puppet show to Rockwell.