The goal of the ACES program is to help fifth and sixth grade students at the Boston Renaissance Charter School become aware of the opportunities a college education offers. As a Lasell College mentor, students will gain a meaningful experience by taking on leadership positions, teaching lessons and developing a sense of social responsibility.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE. DUE SEP. 15, 2011
BRCPS students come to Lasell College to participate in activities, go on tours, and experience college life around the campus.
Time/Dates: (9:30-1:00) 9/29, 10/6, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3
In- Class Workshops:
Lasell College students travel to the BRCPS to teach informative college lessons in 5th and 6th grade classrooms.
Time/Dates: (9:30-12:00) 9/26, 10/3, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31
A group of Lasell College students visit an after-school classroom to work with students on college awareness activities that will be presented at the BRCPS's College Night on December 9th.
Times/ Dates: (3:30-5:00) 5 Wednesdays
Showcase of students' work at the BRCPS
Times/Dates: (TBD) November 16
• Possible positions: Campus Visit Tour Guide, In-Class Workshop Teacher, After-School Mentor
• Must be able to commit to all dates listed for the individual position you are hired for
• Must attend all trainings and planning meetings
• Transportation is provided to and from the Boston Renaissance Charter Public School
• Application and interview required for all Mentors
• All majors and class years are considered eligible for these jobs.
• Compensation for participation may be allotted. Federal Work-study recipients preferred.
Boston Renaissance Charter Public School, Hyde Park, MA